DC-AAPOR is proud to host the 10th Public Opinion Quarterly (POQ) Special Issue Conference. This year’s conference will feature the guest editor and many of the authors who contributed to the 2017 Special Issue: “Survey Research, Today and Tomorrow.”
Attendees will hear in-depth author discussions of their articles, expanding on the motivation for and relevance of their papers, extensions to survey research and public opinion practice, and prospects for future work. There will be ample time for Q&A and discussion after each author's presentation.
The following individuals will be presenting and participating in the discussion:
- Peter V. Miller (U.S. Census Bureau) - Special Issue Guest Editor
- David Dutwin (SSRS)
- Andrew Mercer (Pew)
- Chris Antoun (University of Maryland)
- Fred Conrad (University of Michigan)
- David Sterrett (NORC at the University of Chicago)
- Darcy Steeg Morris (U.S. Census Bureau)
- Brian Amos (University of Florida)
Registration opens at 8:30am. The program will begin at 9:00am and conclude at 5:00pm. Refreshments served in morning and afternoon breaks, and lunch will be on your own.
1) Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, but you must pre-register AND bring photo ID for admittance to the BLS building.
2) How do I get to the BLS Conference Center?
Take Metro! Red Line to Union Station and use the 1st St./Amtrak exit; BLS entrance is across the street. Parking is available at Union Station; see www.unionstationdc.com/parking.
3) Is lunch provided?
No, lunch is on your own. Across the street, Union Station has a large food court. Light refreshments will be offered during breaks.
Special thanks to our sponsors for supporting this event!
When: Monday, Jan. 22
1:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Web: Visit Website