Are you looking for a group or forum that will provide opportunities for thoughtful, meaningful conversation and connection? Inspired by the Enlightenment Salons of the 18th century, the DC Chapter of the Alumnae Network for Harvard Women (ANHW) and the DC Chapter of YaleWomen are co-hosting a series of Salons. The idea is to get together periodically with other curious, engaging women in a relaxed atmosphere to reflect and share perspectives on topics that are important to participants. This will be an evening of great company, lively dialogue, and vino and other happy hour fare. Before each meeting we will provide links to one or more internet articles for participants to read in advance (less than one hour total reading time). The event will be facilitated using different formats for small and larger group discussion.
This event is limited to women alumnae of Harvard and Yale.
Please read this article before the meeting:
- Men Explain Things to Me https://www.guernicamag.com/rebecca-solnit-men-explain-things-to-me/
Here are a few additional recommended pieces on the topic:
- Mansplaining Explained https://thenib.com/mansplaining-explained
- Manterruptions, Bropropriation, and Mansplaining http://nextions.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/manterruptions-bropropriation-and-mansplaining-2-yellow-paper-series.pdf
- The Novice's Guide to Mansplaining https://www.pressreader.com/kenya/daily-nation-kenya/20170701/282445644081196
- Behold Woman's Most Powerful Weapon Against Mansplaining http://www.thehappytalent.com/blog/behold-womans-most-powerful-weapon-against-mansplaining
When: Sunday, January 21, 5:00-7:30 PM. Please arrive at 5:00. Discussion begins at 5:15 and ends at 7:00.
Where: Home of Ellen Fox, Arlington, near East Falls Church Metro (orange line).
Facilitators: Ellen Fox and Laura Naramore
Please RSVP by registering in advance. Registration fee is $7.00. Additional food or drink contributions are appreciated but not expected.
While we are unable to issue refunds for this event, we ask that you please notify the host if you register and later decide not to attend.
For questions, contact [email protected]
When: Sunday, Jan. 21 - 10:00 pm
Monday, Jan. 22 12:30 am
Web: Visit Website