States will face new and unexpected issues as they work through their budget processes this year due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act’s changes to federal tax policy. Join the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center as we address the issues states are confronting under the new tax law and current federal budget climate. What does this mean for states’ taxes and fiscal health? Among other topics, the panel will discuss the following questions:
- How will states conform to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act?
- How does the new law affect the sustainability of state finances?
- What fiscal choices will states face as they deal with changing revenues?
- How will the law’s business provisions affect states?
- Sandra Beattie, Deputy Budget Director, New York State Division of the Budget
- John Hicks, Executive Director, National Association of State Budget Officers
- Kim Rueben, Director, State and Local Finance Initiative, Urban Institute
- Laura Wheeler, Fiscal Research Center Senior Research Associate, Georgia State University
- Howard Gleckman, Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center (moderator)
Breakfast and registratiojn will be available at 8:30 a.m. The program will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. For inquiries regarding this event, please contact [email protected].
Support for this event is provided by the Laura and John Arnold Foundation. For more information on the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center funding principles, go to http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/about/annual-reports.
When: Wed Jan. 24
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Address: 2100 M Street NW
Washington DC,US 20037
Web: Visit Website