Mason graduate and professional students and recent Mason alums (Spring 2017 or Fall 2017 graduates) are invited to attend a fun and instructional networking and etiquette event. You will have the opportunity to connect with other students as well as with seasoned Mason alumni and employers. A professional networking and etiquette expert will lead the evening, along with University Career Services. The evening will feature hors d’oeuvres, a plated dinner, and a dessert bar. A cash bar will be available.
A free pre-event LinkedIn Speedshop will begin at 5:30 pm. The LinkedIn Speedshop is open to all students and you do not need to be registered for the dinner to attend this session. To RSVP for the LinkedIn Speedshop only, email [email protected] If you are interested in the dinner and the Speedshop just complete this Eventbrite registration.
By attending this event you will learn how to:
- Understand the value of networking and learn strategies for facilitating effective connections
- Learn how to read a room for social cues
- Learn how to politely join or excuse yourself from conversations
- Learn how to properly exchange business cards
- Discuss common dining and networking dilemmas
- Leverage your professional contacts to aid in your job search
- Learn from experts on how to project an image of professionalism and credibility so others will take you seriously in the workplace
The networking event will begin promptly at 6:00pm. Check-in will be available from 5:30-6:00pm. Plan to arrive by 5:15 if you will be attending the LinkedIn Speedshop. Remember, the first step in proper etiquette is to arrive on time!
Proper Attire: Business Professional
Be sure to bring several business cards for networking. Sample business cards will be provided for those who do not have one.
Click here for resources and additional information about the evening.
Sponsored by University Life Arlington, University Career Services and the Office of Alumni Affairs.
Questions? Contact University Life Arlington at 703-993-8984 or [email protected]
When: Friday, Feb. 23 - 10:30 pm
Saturday, Feb. 24 2:00 am
Web: Visit Website