Summer Kayak Cleanups at Four Mile Run
The Four Mile Run Conservatory Foundation will deploy its fleet of kayaks to collect litter along the streambank of Four Mile Run.
RSVP to the link for the following dates & times:
- Saturday, June 16, 9am-Noon
- Saturday, July 14, 9am-Noon
- Saturday, August 25, 9am-Noon
- Bring your own kayak (and life-vest), if you can.
- Reserve one of our boats if you don't have one of your one.
- Get on our waitlist if you don't have a boat and our boats aren't available. (We might be able to borrow a boat.)
- Not into kayaking? We need help on the shore too! Volunteers are needed to help off-load litter from kayaks, etc.
Location: The Conservatory Center at Four Mile Run Park, 4109 Mt Vernon Avenue. Parking details will be provided to those who RSVP.
- We provide: water refill station, snacks, gloves, trash grabbers and bags, and a limited number of kayaks with life-vests
- Please bring your own: reusable water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray, and water shoes
- A limited number of boats may be reserved, or you can bring your own
A 4MR Clean Stream Extreme event funded with grant support from Dominion Energy
When: Saturday, Aug. 25
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Web: Visit Website