Archdiocese of Washington Catholic Schools Office New Teachers Orientation Workshop.
- Onsite parking available
- Metro accessible; Branch Avenue Metro Station (Green line)
- Please bring your confirmation ticket with you to the New Teachers Orientation Workshop.
The Guide for Being Compliant With the Child Protection Policy
- Step 1: Open and create a Virtus account. This can be done at www.Virtus.org. Complete appropriate application form
- Step 2: Fill out an application for an electronic background check. You need two forms of identification – one photo id Complete the application at your coordinator’s site (school/parish)
- Step 3: Sign up for a Virtus Protecting God’s Children* training session. Sessions and registration are done online through your Virtus Account. The trainings are listed under live training. *It is recommended that you sign up for the training at St. Philips School on Aug. 16, as this is for educators only. If you prefer to attend at a different time there are other trainings listed. You have the option of registering for one of the others through your Virtus account, but please note you must complete the training by August 29, 2018. If you have taken this specific training already and can present proof of completion to your principal you are exempt from repeating the course.
- Step 4: Schedule Fingerprinting Appointment Bring authorization form for fingerprinting to one of the fingerprinting locations along with two forms of identification. Schedule this ASAP! Due to volume, it is very difficult to schedule appointments from mid-August on. *ADW Pastoral Center, Hyattsville, MD - 301-853-4500
- ADW Pastoral Center, Hyattsville, MD - 301-853-4500
- St. Peter's School, Waldorf, MD - 301-853-7955
When: Tuesday, Aug. 14 - 12:00 pm
Thursday, Aug. 16 8:00 pm
Web: Visit Website