Artificial intelligence (AI) stands to have a significant impact on the global economy as organizations use the technology to automate processes and deliver higher-quality services. Like the introduction of other major technologies, from electricity to the Internet, the mass adoption of AI has the opportunity to create new economic winners and losers in the global economy. The extent to which governments realize this and take action to support the growth of AI will play a large role in determining their economic competitiveness and quality of life for their citizens. Several countries have seized this opportunity to take an early lead in supporting AI, while many, most notably the United States, lack a major government strategy to accelerate the development and adoption of AI, risking falling behind in the global AI race.
Join the Center for Data Innovation for a discussion on the various strategies countries are using to promote the development and adoption of AI.
- Xiaomeng Lu, International Public Policy Manager, Access Partnership
- Robin Mishra, Minister-Counselor, Head of Section Science and Technology, German Embassy
- Joshua New, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation (Moderator)
- Andrew Price, Head of UK Science and Innovation Network, Americas, British Embassy
- Additional speakers to be announced.
When: Wednesday, Jul. 25
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Web: Visit Website