We are putting social back into Social Testing (Competition)!
Social Testing Competition is now a team sport. Bring your tester friend to our 3rd "Hackathon" on July 25, 2018 and compete together!
At the event you will:
- meet other testers
- have fun finding bugs and issues
- get good karma points for helping out a local start-up
- maybe even walk away with a prize!
Hosted by Inflectra, Social Testing Competition/Hackathon is a friendly contest among local software testers to test a software/app to find and report bugs. The hackathon draws inspiration from and follows the rules used in Software Testing World Cup.
Please register now as space is limited!
Place: WeWork White House at 1440 G St NW, Washington, DC 20005
Date: July 25, 2018, from 5:30 to 8:30 pm.
5:30 - 6:00 pm - Meet & Greet
6:00 - 8:00 pm - Social Testing Competition
8:00 - 8:30 pm - Award Ceremony & Wrap up
1. Making it social - teams of two are encouraged, but we will not turn you away, if you are a lone wolf!
2. The testing period is up to 90 minutes, depending on software under test
3. The real-life application to be tested will be announced at the start of the competition
4. The winner will be selected based on the highest number of bugs found that are reproducible
5. The final deliverable is the issues you’ve found and a test report, focusing on major issues. The test reports should be straightforward and submitted before the end of competition
6. We will use SpiraTest to manage each participant's tests and track all test reports.
What You Need:
We usually line up a few options for software to be tested during the event, and the final selection is made right before the event. Therefore, we ask that you come prepared. Please bring:
- A smartphone
- A laptop, or tablet
- Check out SpiraTest before the event (getting started videos are available here)
- Locate one of Inflectra's crew and follow their instructions to find the venue.
What You Get:
- The top three winners will receive prizes.
See you soon!
When: Wednesday, Jul. 25 - 9:30 pm
Thursday, Jul. 26 12:30 am
Web: Visit Website