Summer is the time for get-togethers and music after-hours. Tonight, the Torpedo Factory Art Center keeps its doors open late and comes alive with performances and art to celebrate the night on the waterfront.
- Be among the first to see Illuminate, a special glow-in-the-dark exhibition in the Target Gallery. Gallery opening starts at 7 pm with comments at 8 pm.
- One night only! Find site-specific illuminated work by Andreas Schenkel, Michael West, and Steve Wanna throughout the building.
- Join the gallery reception for New Art/New Voices and meet emerging artists Han Sol Jeon, Michelle Chen, and Shani Shih as well as juror Amy Lokoff in the New Project Studio (Studio 8).
- In Site 2 Community Gallery, find a moving body of drawings created by art students at the Alexandria Detention Center and the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. The reception for Off the Grid is also an opportunity to meet and hear from Kelli Schollard-Sincock of Inspiration Matterz, who has been teaching the inmates how to create these incredibly moving and detailed portraits.
- Meet sculptor and recent graduate Sara Roberts as she begins her three-month stay in the Post-Grad Residency studio
- Video artist Monica Stroik provides an art projection on the waterfront side of the Torpedo Factory building from 8:30pm - 10pm
- Welcome Discover Graphics Atelier's (Studio 202) Artist-in-Residence, Mel Parada, an artist and adjunct graphic design professor at George Mason University, 7 pm - 10 pm.
- Pop-up art demonstrations throughout the building.
- DJ Franklin spins a special 3-hour “Bright Nights” set from 7 pm – 10 pm.
- Three floors of art studios and galleries to explore all night.
FREE, but RSVP requested.
When: Mon Aug. 20
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Address: 105 North Union Street
Alexandria VA,US 22314
Web: Visit Website