Course Objectives: Import and refine data to create visually-compelling, interactive data representations (visualizations). Format, analyze, filter, and layer the visualizations to create appealing, insightful dashboards through the MicroStrategy Web interface. Share your dashboard to collaborate with other users and access the dashboards on web and mobile devices.
Audience: OCTO’s two-day introductory course is designed for analysts and District of Columbia agency staff who work with data on a regular basis or are interested in doing more with data. The training is for DC Government Employees only. (DC Government issued laptop is required)
Skills you gain
- Use appropriate graphing techniques to identify and analyze trends, anomalies, and other important meaning in data
- Select the appropriate interactive graph to display data for a specific business analysis
- Convert raw data into a clean visual display to view quality and consistent information
- Organize data in layers to connect similar information
- Create logical patterns in data using filtering techniques
- Share dashboards with others in a variety of ways
No charge; included in OCTO’s BI program.
HERE is the course agenda and learning objectives for both days. Meals will not be provided; there are a variety of lunch options within walking distance.
When: Tue Oct. 23 - 9:00 am
Wed Oct. 24 5:00 pm
Address: 200 I Street Souteast
Washington DC,US 20024
Web: Visit Website